Thunkofcardgames
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request Box - Forum

2 posters

Go down

Request Box - Forum Empty Request Box - Forum

Post by Admin Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 am

As you can probably tell, a certain blog writer here has no idea what he's doing.

Until I really get free time to sit down and think of what I specifically want, please post here. For now, I need recommendations as to what I should add to the blog — more than just keeping it as an overglorified request box.

For now, I have a few ideas:
1. Clan Specific Forums
2. Article Discussions
3. TCG General
4. Anime General
5. Newbie/Teacher Forum

Basically, the Clan Specific Forums will be broken up into 4 sections - General, Deck Discussion, Strategies, and Single Card Discussion. If you've ever visited any other TCG forum, it's just your standard arrangement. Just, you know, clan specific. With that in mind however, I want to put much more emphasis on each individual clan in these forums, such as putting much more dedicated articles and discussions towards a given clans mechanics or cardpools. If you've read this article, you should have a general idea of how specific I'm aiming here.

Article Discussions should be self explanatory, but in short, I'm not infallible. Along with this, maybe someone has an idea for the article that they want to present. Or, maybe the article itself just creates grounds for discussion in general. Anything that applies directly to the articles will go here.

The TCG General should also be self explanatory. There will definitely be a News/Gossip section, just don't expect me to regularly keep tabs on that.  Along with this, it will probably be where I center Errata'd Format Discussion, but whether or not that takes off or even starts is subject to whenever I get around to it. Outside of that, TCG General, not too much.

Anime General is simple enough. Discuss the anime.

Finally, the Newbie/Teacher Forum is where new members introduce themselves to the forums. I'll write guidelines for that later, but it's simply another case of 'if you've been to any forums, you should know what it is'. Though, I guess this may not apply to all newbies...anywho. Eventually, if I do find that there's enough veterans I can trust to take care of the newbies, I want to open up the forum to teachers and guides who can help introduce and teach new players about the game, with these forums obviously being the center for that.

For now, this is all I've got. Is there anything else you'd like to see on these forums?

Admin
Admin

https://thunkofcardgames.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Request Box - Forum Empty Re: Request Box - Forum

Post by BlasterDark Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Hello!

I highly recommend starting one forum for clans, and allow members make threads for clans. A forum would look empty with so many forums. When this place really grows then I can see you creating forums for each clan.

Please add a Yugioh section! Thanks!

1. News
2. Discussion
3. Decks
4. Anime

BlasterDark

Back to top Go down